Saturday 22 May 2010

Issacs first sail

Following a morning treating decking and painting fence panels I escaped for a lovely afternoons sailing.

The sun was beating down and as I was setting out Paul Chamberlain and Clan came drifting past on his Mirror dinghy. Apparently it was youngest sons first sail so on his next pass I took a wee video clip on the mobile phone. It's not the best quality but you can hear how much fun they were having!



There was just enough wind, not that you could feel it, coming up the harbour to push me along at 2 - 3knts. Before long I found myself near the top of Brownsea so I nosed into beach until she gently touched the bottom. I let out some achor chain and pushed her back into deeper water before wading ashore.... This is one of the great pleasures of a shoal draft boat. One of the clubs was having a picnic on the beach by the Pottery pier, the beach was full of Optomists, Toppers, mirrors inflatables and ribs. They were just packing up to head back to wence they came, having pillaged and plundered Brownsea. OK maybe that's not quite true. Having had a little walk around the island I waded back out to the boat, put the kettle on and raided the crisp and chocolate store. It was time to head back to the mooring, about 2/3rds off the way back the breeze gave up completely and I had to resort to the motor. Back on the mooring as I was about to jump in the tender a noticed a bride and groom on the end of the club pier having their picture taken. I alway knew it was the perfect location, shame they,ve got me in the wedding album forever more!

No comments:

Post a Comment