Sunday 11 April 2010

Odds n Sods

Saturday afternoon James and I took the tender down to the club for it's maiden voyage. I also wanted to fit the new cable that links the GPS to the VHF. The tender / Engine combo works a treat. The tender is an old 14ft dinghy minus it's rig and with a Plywood plate screwed to the back for an engine mount.


The GPS Cable didn't go so smoothly. I fitted the panel plug to the panel and connected the feed ok but the data lead from the VHF is not labelled and I was unable to determine which wire went where. (Even though there are only two). At least the GPS can run from the boats power now.


I then drilled and filed a slot in one of the wash board retainers to mount the unit on. It's much better than having it clipped to the guard rail as I can see it clearly at all times.
Even though there was hardly any wind we put the sails up and went for a drift around the harbour. James took the helm here, hunting out any breeze that we could. We went over to have another look at the forlorn looking Fantasie.. I took some pics of the poor thing, what d'ya think?




The dodgeres are torn, the mast is missing and the hull has a fringe.. Nice! If anyone fancies a project I could make some enquiries.



Back at the jetty and the ladders have not been put back up yet. I stood at the front and steadied the tender while James passed all the bit's n bob up to me, James then climbed out and we struggled to get the outboard onto the jetty. Nothing left in the tender now except me. It was about 4 ft from the (bouncing) deck to the jetty, as soon as I tried to launch myself the boat disappeared backwards and I hadn't gained enough hieght to to clamber up. With a splash I was up to my thighs in sea water. I thought James was going to fall of the jetty laughing. Still he didn't have a camera out so no one will ever know 8~)



No comments:

Post a Comment