Wednesday 13 July 2011

Various nonsense

First I must apologise for my long absence from the keyboard... Work and other commitments have taken their toll on my sailing this year. However I have been out a few times and tried to get out one other, so here we go with some catch up blogs.
May:  EDSC Cruise to Studland.
Back in May I wondered down to the club with no real intention of doing anything but on arrival I realised that some of the members were heading off to Studland, as the weather was tip top I decided to join them.

The harbour was a bit choppy and fairly busy but plenty of room for Jelly Bean to keep well away from the big boys.I can't remember the wind speed but  I had two reefs in and the jib up which gave me a nice stable sail with plenty of speed.


I fancy having a go in one of these, they always look pretty exhilarating.

Plenty of room to anchor at Studland even if there are no buoys free.  It takes me less than 5mins to inflate my rubber coracal so no need to tow a tender.  The Bank's Arms is a short walk from the beach with great views from the garden, a fab selection of Ales and a huge Ploughman's lunch.


A selection of EDSC boats, Paul and Marie in the rubber dingy rowing out to their Corribee 'Lapwing'.

One wee stain on this perfect day occurred on the way home.  I decided it was far too early to head straight home so I had a Potter about the bay, practising maneuvers and just generally having a nice time when I suddenly heard people shouting 'Diver Down!' I was mortified, how could I have missed their flag?.... Oh that's how, they didn't have one!I pointed out their error and they duly appeared from the depths of their boat with a flag. I took that as my cue to head home. 


1 comment: