Saturday 20 November 2010

New sliders

Just to prove that I have been doing something constructive, rather than just watching sunsets and poking around washed up boats, here are my new sliders.

In the end I made them from the aluminium plate that I had in the garage. It was 10mm thick so, using a hacksaw, I cut some strips a bit wider than required. I then cut the strips to length and then carefully  cut the edges out. A massive amount of filing and fettling followed. It took about five hours to make these four so quite a lot of time for someting that won't be seen but that's just the way it goes. :~))
All I need to do now is drill and tap the screw holes and refit the hatch.

I have an ever growing list of things to do.
  • Finish sail cover (Need Zip and fastenings)
  • Make dodgers
  • Fit rope clutch
  • Fit winches (I bought them at a boat jumble about 4 years ago and they are still in the garage).
  • Fit downhaul for jib and lead back to cockpit.
  • Sort out better Anchor stowage on foredeck.
  • Fit access hatch in cockpit to access quarter berths. (Store Warps and fenders)
  • Possibly fit boarding ladder (Might just get a step fender)
  • Possibly fit work light to mast to aid picking up mooring bouy at night (Saw this on washed up Hurley).
  • Find easier way to reef main.
  • Make lazy jacks system
Some need to be done, some would be just nice to do and some will never get mentioned again ;~))

1 comment: