Monday 8 November 2010

Slider drawings


These are the drawings for the forward sliders. The rear sliders a 53mm in length but have the same pitch for the screw holes.  I have found a 10mm ali plate in the garage, that I used to repair my mast foot, so I will probably make some out of that. I have included a recess at the end of each screw hole for the nut to fit into but if I am going to use the Ali plate then I will just tap a tread into the plate. I'll let you know how I get on... otherwise I'll go back to Steves plan, which is probably better.

3 comments:

  1. If they work - where do I send the money... :o)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not convinced that Ali against Ali is a good idea. I might get some Tufnol or Acetal to make them out of. Would be easier with my limited machining abibity (Hacksaw file and chisel) 8@

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me neither - but I think the slider rail is made from s/s, so ali against s/s would be ok?

    ReplyDelete