Tuesday 30 November 2010

Sail Cover finished... Now for the dodgers.

Not much writing today.. The pictures should be enough :~)
The canvas sail cover is finally finished and I have started on the dodgers. The dodgers are very simple to make but the lettering take blinking ages.
Scaling up the font for the templates and accurately cutting them out took a whole evening. Sewing them on is currently running at three letters per evening... that means it'll take a whole week to make these and it's shaping up to be not very interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fab, can I put an order in now? Saw one go for over £50 on eBay so i bet you haev saved a lot doing it yourself. Rgds, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy, I'm please with the results although I dare say they probably wouldn't stand up to close scrutiny against professionally made covers.
    The materials only cost a little over £100 but they are taking some time to complete so probably not a great saving, however I do like doing as much as I can myself... It's the ony way to find out if you can do something.

    ReplyDelete